Tuesday, March 16, 2010

My Iddle Man-Max....

I wrote this post last year & just kept it on stand by, cuz it was so long but it would come in handy now that I was computerless....


Long before the M's were even born I had a cat that was the 'cat of all cats', literally. He was an odd eyed white Persian (was the ONLY cat of that sort in the litter-looked JUST LIKE his dad), born 05/01/1996 May Day), went for car rides (no carrier), was trained to do things on command, LOVED company-would run to the door @the sound of the doorbell, didn't need to use a carrier-EVER!, etc etc etc...









Here he is 'waving' which he would do when requested and usually got a treat after cuz he was just so darned cute! He would also 'go to bed', 'give kisses', 'lay down', 'go to your room', etc on command>>>he was just too smart for his own good ;) He was born with a hernia so wasnt 'breedable' even though he was papered. He came from a lineage of show cats and his dad (sire) was Champion Kendan Lookn' Fur Trubl of Karoun and his mom (dam) was Miss Hunter's Tiffany girl, his first family named him Trubl but never papered him as we got him from them @only 3 1/2 months>>>and OMG what a cute kitten he was, wish I had photog'd him back then...
I originally wanted to call him Fester but my roomie named him Max-short for Maxemillion, I then sent in his papers as "Mr Maxemillion Fu Man Chu" as he had a scrunchy face sometimes LOL! He was always Max though and became MY Iddle Man! He was just sooooo mellow that most folks couldn't believe their eyes when they saw him either in the car or out in public w/me. He was NEVER a wanderer so could be trusted in almost ANY situation and made friends where ever he went>>>even to see & get a pic w/Santa @Petsmart in '05. See below to see where else he went....


He even came to WORK w/me sometimes and was ALWAYS the perfect gentleman, even letting Becky hold him before he takes a cruise down the hallway (he had a lion cut here). He would even ride w/me to see my parents and even stay the week w/me if I was house sitting....even actually locking me out once, thats a story for another time but boy is it HILARIOUS! Whenever we arrived @our destination he would just hop out and walk w/me into the dwelling. And I must share w/you his 'weakness' AND fetish was ribbons, he LOVED ribbons and even ingested one once w/no harm.

He even moved w/me here to Prescott AZ and experienced his first snow, LITERALLY lol! I tossed him in it a couple times to get pics and see his reaction and as usual he was casual about it before he would run back to the front door. He was such an accommodating cat that any unusual setting we encountered he would allow himself to be 'experimented' with LOL! He has been in a Jacuzzi, the rain, the snow (falling), rides in wagons, went to a haunted house @Halloween, etc etc etc.... He was just overall game for anything


Doesn't he look like he is totally contemplating the 'situation'? That is almost how he dealt w/everything, folks used to mistake his 'serious' face for him being sad or mad but actually he was just a real 'tuned in' cat. If ever a 'non cat' human was in his vicinity he would ALWAYS approach them and in time they were won over. We even had neighbor kids once who would always knock on our door just to "pet the white fluffy cat", of course he ALWAYS obliged! He was NOT afraid of dogs and even chased a big lab (my folk's) AND a Dachshund that tried to barge into our house (HIS domain) but he would NEVER hurt a fly. I worked at a feed mill in my work pics above and rescued many kittens that the guys would bring to ME cuz they knew 'I' would find a way to save and/or domesticate them. Most came home w/me before they went to a rescue group or I adopted them out and amazingly Max would almost always 'nurture' the ones who had been taken from mom too young. The older ones that were getting FEISTY he would just ignore until they CRIED, then he was 'on top of it'.

Max left my life way too soon, unexpectedly and suddenly>>>had an undiagnosed enlarged heart and threw a clot which caused paralysis to his hind quarters. I had to put him to eternal sleep less than 24 hours after finding him helpless on my bedroom floor, I NEVER saw it coming and had always assumed my 'indoor' cat would live until @least his mid teens...he was only 10 1/2 when he slipped away. I have NEVER known such hurt and seriously thought I would never heal, that special guy had been my 'other half' for so long! As my friend Jim says, he was literally a "little person in a cat suit". He was w/me through heartbreaks, many moves, loss & gain of jobs... through the good & bad ALWAYS!

I know this was a HUGE post but thanks for letting me share My Iddle Man, I could probably write a book/screenplay w/all my memories and amazing stories of Max>>>it could be like Marley and Me..Max and Me :) I brought him home so he could be with me always & ironically he rests huddled w/the white angel cat that I happened upon in a gift store. I have soooo many pics of him but most were taken before my computer era so they will need to be scanned in order to share them, so maybe I will slip in some posts of him>>>believe he has a lot to tell ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment